MITIGATION MEASURES EFFECTIVE WEDNESDAY
A few moments ago, IRMA was briefed by the Governor’s office and the Illinois Department of Public Health regarding additional mitigation efforts that will be implemented this Wednesday in Region 4 (Metro East – counties across from St. Louis) and mitigation efforts that will be implemented in Region 7 (Kankakee and Will counties). Region 4’s positivity rate continues to exceed 8% (9.6% to be exact) and today is Region 7’s third day over the 8% trigger. Region 7 is currently at 8.3%.
- In both regions, indoor dining will be suspended. Only outdoor will be allowed. Reservations will still be required with contact information for at least one member of the party.
- In Region 7, restaurants and taverns must be closed by 11:00 p.m. This mitigation step is already in place in Region 4. Closure does not apply to drive-thru, curbside or delivery.
- Gaming and casinos must close at 11:00 p.m. and are limited to 25% capacity. This mitigation step is already in place in Region 4.
- IDPH has not made a final determination on the rules for taverns or restaurants that have gaming machines. That determination will be made in the next few hours.
- Reception halls are closed and no party buses. This means restaurants or taverns can not hold receptions.
In order for the mitigation efforts to be removed, a region must achieve a positivity rate of at least 6.5%.