THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE IRMA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM IS NOW CLOSED.
The IRMA Foundation will fund a number of scholarships in the amount of $1,500 for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Who is Eligible?
High School seniors, college freshmen, sophomores and juniors who are:
- Sons and daughters of full-time employees of former IFRA Retail Member firms that are current members of the Illinois Retail Merchants Association. The parent employee must have been employed for at least two years as of January 1 of the year in which the scholarships are awarded.
- Part-time employees who are full-time students employed by former IFRA Retail Member firms that are current members of the Illinois Retail Merchants Association. The applicant must have been employed for at least six months as of January 1 of the year in which the scholarships are awarded.
Notification of Scholarships
All applicants will be notified in May of 2023. Winners must enroll in college as full-time students in the fall of the year in which the scholarships are awarded. If you are eligible, follow the instructions below.
The long standing policy of allowing member companies to sponsor their own scholarship program utilizing the administration of the Foundation will continue. Member companies who sponsor their own company scholarships may continue to “piggyback” on to the Foundation application procedure.
Benefits of Piggybacking
- The funds supporting scholarships are being donated to a tax exempt entity and are paid to the colleges or universities, not to the students.
- The Piggyback scholarships will carry the name of the sponsoring company.
- No administrative costs including printing, application tracking and the selection process of winners.
Members notify IRMA of their interest in the Piggyback program including scholarship name, amounts and total number. Members receive scholarship program information that can be used as marketing materials for employee notification.
Piggybacking members are asked to consider a direct contribution to the Foundation to help offset costs associated with the selection process.
Thank you for your continued support during this rebuilding year. All proceeds raised during fundraising activities go directly to the Foundation. For further information: Contact Dawn Durkin at firstname.lastname@example.org
IRMA Foundation 2023/24 Scholarship Application
All NEW applicants must complete steps 1-3: Any returning applicant and all College Students must also complete step 4.
- Complete the Application and Activities forms below.
- Obtain and mail or email a copy of your high school record, which includes at least seven semesters of grades and all standardized test scores. This does not have to be an official transcript. If your ACT and/or SAT scores do not appear on your record, attach a copy of the scores as received from the College Board and/or ACT. These are to be emailed to Ddurkin@irma.org. If needed, a records request form is provided here High-School-Records-Request-Form-2023
- Have all components submitted no later than the March 1, 2023.
- Attention College Students: You must also submit current official transcripts of your grades from each college you have attended. Submit these to email@example.com.
A high school record is needed regardless of the applicant’s year in college.