- Sons and daughters of full-time employees of former IFRA Retail Member firms that are current members of the Illinois Retail Merchants Association. The parent employee must have been employed for at least two years as of January 1 of the year in which the scholarships are awarded.
- Part-time employees who are full-time students employed by former IFRA Retail Member firms that are current members of the Illinois Retail Merchants Association. The applicant must have been employed for at least six months as of January 1 of the year in which the scholarships are awarded.
The long standing policy of allowing member companies to sponsor their own scholarship program utilizing the administration of the Foundation will continue. Member companies who sponsor their own company scholarships may continue to “piggyback” on to the Foundation application procedure.
- The funds supporting scholarships are being donated to a tax exempt entity and are paid to the colleges or universities, not to the students.
- The Piggyback scholarships will carry the name of the sponsoring company.
- No administrative costs including printing, application tracking and the selection process of winners.