CURRENT REGION METRICS UPDATE
If the regions meet the metrics outlined below, then they COULD be subject to restrictions or mitigations outlined HERE.
You may find the regional metrics HERE.
Danger regions are marked in RED.
|Region||Positivity Increases (7 Day Avg)||Hospital Admissions (7 Day Avg.)||<20% Med Surge Capacity||<20% ICU Surge Capacity||> 8% Positivity Rate (3 cons. days)|
|1. North||5||1||45%||53%||0 (3.6%)|
|2. North Central||5||2||40%||52%||0 (4.1)%)|
|3. West Central||6||1||39%||36%||0 (3.1%)|
|4. Metro East||7||1||37%||47%||0 (7.1%)|
|5. Southern||5||0||53%||59%||0 (3.7%)|
|6. East Central||4||1||42%||49%||0 (2.0%)|
|7. South Suburban||3||0||30%||35%||0 (4.7%)|
|8. West Suburban||4||1||35%||50%||0 (3.8%)|
|9. North Suburban||3||3||44%||55%||0 (3.6%)|
|10. Suburban Cook||4||1||30%||40%||0 (4.4%)|
|11. Chicago||2||1||31%||42%||0 (3.9%)|
STATE COVID-19 IMPACT UPDATE
In the last 24 hours there has been 1,173 new confirmed cases and 6 deaths.
IDPH is reporting a total of 162,748 cases, to date, including 7,301 deaths.
The state has conducted 2,279,109 tests to-date.
CHICAGO COVID-19 IMPACT UPDATE
In order for Chicago to move to the Moderate Incidence risk level which will allow the city to open up capacity to 50% and allow gatherings of up to 100 people, it has to get below 100 new cases per day and stay there for 14 days.
The per day averages citywide as of July 19th are 233 confirmed cases, 4,614 tests completed, and 4 deaths (based on a 7 day rolling average).
To date, there has been 56,947 confirmed cases in the City of Chicago with 2,727 confirmed deaths and a 5.1% positivity rate.
Additional information may be found here where you may select different data points such as zip code, ethnicity, age, gender, cases, tests, death, etc.
As you are aware from IRMA’s last notice, the Administration will now use the following metrics to determine whether or not a region is moving forward or backward.
- Sustained increase in 7-day rolling average (7 out of 10-days) in the positivity rate and ONE of the following severity indicators:
- Sustained 7-day increase in hospital admissions for a COVID-19 like illness;
- Reduction in hospital capacity threatening surge capabilities (ICU capacity or medical/surgical beds < 20%)
2. Three consecutive days averaging ≥ 8% positivity rate
- NORTH: Boone, Carroll, DeKalb, Jo Daviess, Lee, Ogle, Stephenson, Whiteside, Winnebago
- NORTH-CENTRAL: Bureau, Fulton, Grundy, Henderson, Henry, Kendall, Knox, La Salle, Livingston, Marshall, McDonough, McLean, Mercer, Peoria, Putnam, Rock Island, Stark, Tazewell, Warren, Woodford
- WEST-CENTRAL: Adams, Brown, Calhoun, Cass, Christian, Greene, Hancock, Jersey, Logan, Macoupin, Mason, Mason, Menard, Montgomery, Morgan, Pike, Sangamon, Schuyler, Scott
- METRO EAST: Bond, Clinton, Madison, Monroe, Randolph, St. Clair, Washington
- SOUTHERN: Alexander, Edwards, Franklin, Gallatin, Hamilton, Hardin, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Marion, Massac, Perry, Pope, Pulaski, Saline, Union, Wabash, Wayne, White, Williamson
- EAST-CENTRAL: Champaign, Clark, Clay, Coles, Crawford, Cumberland, De Witt, Douglas, Edgar, Effingham, Fayette, Ford, Iroquois, Jasper, Lawrence, Macon, Moultrie, Piatt, Richland, Shelby, Vermillion
- SOUTH SUBURBAN: Kankakee, Will
- WEST SUBURBAN: DuPage, Kane
- NORTH SUBURBAN: Lake, McHenry
- SUBURBAN COOK: Suburban Cook
- CHICAGO: City of Chicago