A few moments ago, Governor Pritzker formally proposed a rule to fine businesses if consumers are not wearing masks. We strongly encourage you to contact the members of the Joint Committee on Administrative Rules and urge them to REJECT the proposed rule and any rule that punishes businesses for the action of consumers over whom we have no control.
When this was first tried a few months ago, your contacts worked. It will work again but you need to act now and get your friends, family, and other business owners to act now.
You can find the phone number information for the members of JCAR here.
You can find the emails and other contact information for the members of JCAR here.
This is imperative. JCAR MEETS NEXT TUESDAY. CONTACT THE MEMBERS TODAY AND EVERYDAY UNTIL TUESDAY.
COPY, PAST, AND SEND THE THE FOLLOWING TALKING POINTS TO JCAR MEMBERS:
- It is not fundamentally right for the state to fine businesses for the actions of others.
- Business have no control over individuals. No ability to restrain. Efforts to do so expose businesses to legal liability.
- While we support individuals wearing masks, if the Governor believes individuals are not complying, enforcement should be focused on individuals.
- This proposal lacks any common-sense.
- Please vote to reject the rules until they focus on the individuals who are not complying.
Thank you in advance.